Buying a new home in anyone’s life is exciting and scary all at once. However, it also comes with its fair share of uncertainties. One of the most common questions in people’s minds before buying a new property is whether it’s more cost-effective to buy a house or an apartment? The thought of being able to call that house your own is an indescribable feeling, which is why you need to do your homework before settling on a location and a builder. Here are some essential things that you should keep in mind before buying a 3BHK Flat in Kerala:
1) Cost: The first and foremost thing you need to consider before buying a new home is the amount you are willing to spend on it. Several factors affect the price of a home. You can acquire a comparison of the houses in the neighborhood to get an idea of the market value. The final cost of an apartment will depend on factors like the area and the quality of construction. Ensure your apartment has everything you need, such as a gym, pool, games room, banquet hall, and fire extinguisher. To avoid costly surprises, conduct in-depth research before choosing a new home.
2) Builder’s Background: If you have decided to buy a new property in Kerala, you would also be aware that most homes are being built by the real estate developers or the builders themselves. Now, the question here is whether the builder is a reputed name or not? And here is the answer: “If the builder is a reputed name, then the chances are that they have built a good number of flats and are known for their quality. So, if you can find a builder with vast experience and a pleasing reputation, you can certainly buy their home without any worries.”
3) Location of The Apartment: The next thing you need to consider before buying a new 3 BHK home in Kerala is its location. Understand the pros and cons of buying a new home in a particular area. If you live in a metro or a city with a robust growth rate, you can assume that buying a new home in that area is more cost-effective in the long run. Another vital aspect to consider is the quality of public transport. A bad public transport system can make it more expensive and exhaustive to commute every day.
4) Construction Quality: Next in line is the construction quality of the new home that you are looking to buy. This is very important because you would want to select a new home built with quality materials. You don’t want to purchase shoddy construction when buying a new home. You need to understand the quality of construction of the project at hand. While it’s impossible to survey all the construction projects in the country, you can choose a builder with a good construction history. The best way is to get in touch with the builders and find the construction material used.
5) Financing Banks: The type of loan also depends on your financial situation and the amount you are willing to spend on your new home. You should be informed of the banks that are or are not ready to lend money to specific home builders. Some banks would not lend to home builders because of their terrible reputation. As a result, you must check with the institutions that will be financing your project. Another thing to consider is the interest rate. While this is not something you can control, it can affect your monthly expenses. Therefore, exploring and finding the best interest rate for your situation is a good idea.
6) Car Parking: The last thing you want after a hectic day is to park your car far from your home and walk. To avoid this, ensure that you get there is the availability of parking space with your 3 BHK flat. There is no use in moving forward with a facility that doesn’t have enough parking space for customers. In most cities and towns across India, there are limited parking spaces available. But the reputed builders in Kerala are known to plan a building design that offers a parking space to all its residents.
7) Electricity System: Before making any payments toward your new apartment in Kerala, ensure that all of the electric systems have been thoroughly inspected. Because short circuits may often be bothersome and hazardous for you and your family, you must ensure that all the plug points and cables are running smoothly. It is imperative that the property has adequate insulation, mainly if children are living there so that any potential health risks can be avoided. If you discover difficulties before moving in, you should negotiate with your builder to get all the problems before purchasing the property.
8) Security and Maintenance: The new home’s security is to cap off our list of essential things you need to keep in mind when buying a 3BHK Flat in Kerala. You can make sure of the security of the building by taking a tour of the building and checking the building perimeter. There’s no need to worry about your family’s safety if your building offers round-the-clock security. Similarly, when it comes to building’s maintenance, you can ensure that all the maintenance is taken care of by the building management company. You should also ensure the building has a functioning fire alarm system.
Buying a new home can be an exhilarating experience. However, it’s important to remember the essential things before you decide to buy a new home. You can find many new homes in Kerala, but not all of them are worth buying. Therefore, you must research and find the right new home. From the quality of construction to the security of the building, you need to make sure that you buy a new home that is worth your money. We hope this article might help you make an informed decision when purchasing a new home in Kerala.
There is a new trend in Kottayam! A lot of elderly people are choosing to stay in apartments rather than in individual homes. While it might not seem like a big deal, for older people in Kot...
There is a lot of debate regarding the best living situations for elderly people. Should the old people live in an individual house or should they move to an apartment? What would be the rig...